Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 120

Thread: Should Mega keep his avatar?

  1. #71
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    wow, I havent seen Vincent in forever man. He joined the military, made something out of himself. Vidal is still around here, I think he works at fish tales. Those guys were pretty easy to get along with, Reecie was as big of a prankster as youll ever meet [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] We were lucky to have played Bland, they were a bunch of slow white guys, Reecie got 2 or 3 dunks on them. I was just amazed how good James River was and then Fluvanna beat James River to death. Talk about some ball players. You dont see those types of teams anymore upstate. I guess you do, but probably not unless its at the AA or AAA level. Most of those schools are AA now at least.

    Youre right his name was Perkins, he had relations with people he shouldnt have been having relations with.

  2. #72
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    Yeah Ellis and Price were pretty good guys...My first impression of Reecie was not so good however...the first time I ever met him was following my freshman year we were playing in a summer team tourney that they had every year the week school let out...I got loose on the base line and he was late coming down from the foul line in their 1-3-1 D...anyway he didn't get there in time and I got an uncontested dunk...well one of his teammates(I think it was Ellis) was giving him the business from the bench telling him he got dunked on...needless to say he didn't like it and proceeded to try to run me into the wall for the rest of the game everytime I tried to box him out. After the game he told me he was going to whip my a$$ and if anyone tried to stop him he was going to whip theirs too including our coach...here I was barely 15 and wet behind the ears hoping someone would do something!...thank goodness Stan came over and ordered him to have a seat on the bench or who knows what was going to happen...anyway to make a long story short he ended up taking it out on the team they played next and for the first time I actually saw someone shatter a backboard in person...I remember on the ride home Carlos said dang James you really pi$$ed him off...lol. He was much nicer in subsequent years that I was around him and never again threatened me...lol. Actually while I was recovering from a broken arm at UVA-Wise he came up to my dorm and hung around awhile...mentioned me coming down and walking on WFU's football team but I was kinda burned out at the time and on the verge of flunking out of school so I thought better of it [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    You are right about the teams up state then...some unbelievable teams back then for sure.

  3. #73
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    oh wow, yeah he can be a hot head. He was one of those guys that you appreciated for everything great he was, but to be honest he was his own worst enemy. He was like an Owens or a Randy Moss. More like a Moss, not a bad disruption to the team, but a guy that could have been better than what he was. Reecie was actually really lazy, I dont know if you had ever heard that or not. Everything he ever did in high school came from natural athletic ability, not hard work. Even when he got mad though, he wasnt the type to hold grudges. You probably werent the first to dunk on him though, he played defense like randy moss went over the middle. He did it when he wanted to not when he was supposed to.

  4. #74
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    I think that it is his avatar and he has the right to do what he wants with it, as long as it goes along with the guidlines.
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  5. #75
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    Very true and accurate...you are right though he didn't hold a grudge long, was nice as could be everytime I was around him after that incident. His sister ended up marrying Carlos' older brother Terry so I would see them every now and then at a Haysi game or during thanksgiving or christmas when they would come in to Clinchco.

  6. #76
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    Vidal isn't at Fishtales anymore.. I'm not sure where he is now-I think he's still in the area though. He's definitely a really nice guy though and has some adorable daughters.

  7. #77
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    I didn't agree with the avatar at all and even sent Mega a PM with my thoughts about it, but when he reminded me that I have the option to turn off avatars, I no longer had a problem with it... I think I and many others often forget about this useful feature.

    There are two ways to get this done, actually.

    1. ONLY FOR FIREFOX -- Right-click image, click "Block Images from blah_blah_blah"

    2. ELSE -- Click "My Home" at the top, click the "EDIT" button to the right of "Display Preferences", and at the bottom, change this setting from "Yes" to "No": "View user's pictures with their posts?"


    Just a reminder to those that also feel uncomfortable about it.

    I actually prefer the Firefox way, however.. for one, it allows you to disable ONE users avatar instead of everyone's on the forum.

    For another, Firefox is actually a better internet browser than Internet Explorer in the first place (more features, better security), so there shouldn't be any reason for you NOT to be using it.

    http://www.mozilla.com <--- If you haven't used it yet, give it a try. It won't harm Internet Explorer, and you can in fact have both on your PC at once. (Like me.) It's also a small download and is worth it, especially for tabbed browsing, which blows Internet Explorer out of the water.
    Officially retired

  8. #78
    Inactive Member Ghetto_Heisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2005
    Posts
    593
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    I'm offended by your avatar Chubz [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] jk
    No Regrets

  9. #79
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm offended by your avatar Chubz [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] jk

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Out with ye! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  10. #80
    Inactive Member imported_spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2006
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    I know im new here but my vote is "no, it is inappropriate and the mods need to take more control over these things". I like seeing the sport avatars though and hope the plug is not pulled on them all. From what I see the Administrater of this site is warning Mega that if he doesnt remove the pic that he will turn them all off. In a way I agree with it but I hope it doesnt come to that. Also saw where I think Chubby or something like that said to turn off the avatars in My Home of the forum. I ask why should those that doesnt like the sight of the pic have to turn that setting off? This is a sports forum isnt it? I think the poll had 90+ against the pic, 40+ that like it and 11 that dont care. Looks like the majority on here have a problem with it. So why not post a pic of your favorite sports team? Also what pic is this hunter refering to that Reece has? Is it a pic like Mega's?

    So how about it Mr. Mega? Do you have a favorite sports team you can put in as a avatar?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •